Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a NEC laptop that is currently running FC3 (k 2.6.9-1.667), and I am trying to get a wireless card working in it (Belkin F5D7010). I am having an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linuxant driverloader or NDIS wrapper?

I have a NEC laptop that is currently running FC3 (k 2.6.9-1.667), and I am trying to get a wireless card working in it (Belkin F5D7010). I am having an interesting time getting things together but it is crawling forward it seems, although backwards as well. Anyway I am curious for those of you out there would you recommend using NDIS wrapper from sourceforge or the software from Linuxant?

I also have another question for those who can answer. I have the card insterted into a PCMCIA slot on the notebook, but the light isn't on or anything so I am not sure if it is working, but in a terminal I used the following command:
    Code:
    # /sbin/lspci
    02:00.0 Network controller: RaLink Ralink RT2500 802.11 Cardbus Reference Card (rev 01)
    Is this the description of the card or is this a driver that is already on the laptop?

Thanks

Just Joined!

better distros

Also has anyone found a distro that they like that has wireless setup fairly easy and intuitive?

Just Joined!
    as far as easy to setup distros I found Mepis easy and its Debain based
    its the first Debain distro that has auto configured my s3 trio card not to say the first Debain distro to even reconise its exsitance and it even picked up my ISA modem but and there is always is one its not too good with contexant modem chipsets. But the worlds not perfect yet either