Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a laptop that I am going to put Sam Linux on. It won't fit on a floppy, and my BIOS won't support booting from a CD. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Boot From CD in BIOS

I have a laptop that I am going to put Sam Linux on. It won't fit on a floppy, and my BIOS won't support booting from a CD. I have downloaded a .dsk file to put on a floppy to boot to the CD, but I don't know how to use it. Help please!!!

Linux Newbie
    I've never heard of a .dsk file... I'm sure that where you got the file from would have instructions on how to use it?

Just about any Linux boot floppy can give you access to the CD ROM... You might want to Google for "linux boot floppy" AND "cdrom support" (including the quotes...)
    Blog - KB5UMQ - Linux User #272983
    3 Rules:
    1) "It doesn't work..." is simply not useful information.
    2) Don't cross post!
    3) If you are asking for help, start by telling us your distro/os and version.

Just Joined!
    I got the boot floppy from www.sam.hipsurfer.com and it has instructions. I ONLY have windws so I have to use the windows programs. None of them seem to work. Are there any other distributions that have a boot floppy that you know of??? :drown: I can use other distributions, not just sam linux. By the way, I am completely new to linux. And just a side question, how do you install for example XPDE enviornment, gnome, KDE, etc...? Just wondering. Thanks for the help!!