Find the answer to your Linux question:
During the bootup process, when everything is loading, Linux get's stuck on sshd. It doesn't freeze, it just sits like it's going to load it up and it will say ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Stuck on sshd during boot up process...

During the bootup process, when everything is loading, Linux get's stuck on sshd. It doesn't freeze, it just sits like it's going to load it up and it will say "... [OK]"

i have no idea what to do about this, i was having problems with CUPS doing this earlier. It was freezing during the bootup process. That is taken care of now. i just reinstalled without CUPS being installed. i don't know what to do with this sshd problem though.

You could press "i" at startup (usually you have to sit there and hammer the key until "the time is right" for it to work; that will bring up interactive startup, where you can accept or deny all the services at boot one by one. If you successfully boot, you can go into your /etc/rc*.d directory (where * is the number of your runtime, usually 5 by default in Fedora) and remove the symlink to sshd (which is the server daemon for accepting ssh connections, by the way).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

There are a lot that it is freezing on, right now i'm waiting to see what happens. i wonder if it will get through some of them and it's just slowing down. i doubt it though. i think it's going to be a long process. i'm writing down the ones that freeze, then i'll try what you said.

Here's what i did. i thought at bootup before it started loading everything i might as well just see what it brings up when it tells me to hit any key to choose from options. It brought me to two choices.

(Linux (2.?.?-?)smp)
    (Linux-up (2.?.?-?))

i did what you had said about choosing not to load certain things i finaly loaded linux. Then i just wanted to see how it would go with the Linux-up one anyway, to see if it loaded fine or not. It did.

The one i chose isn't a safe-mode for Linux is it? If it isn't how can i change it so that Linux-up will boot by default? i'm going to be reading how to get my wireless card working so i'll reply quick next time.

If I remember correctly, the up in linux-up stands for UniProcessor. It's not a "safe mode" choice. To make it the default, edit your /etc/lilo.conf file and simply move its entry to the top of the list.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Great now it's not loading right on that one now. i have to go for now though. Thanks for all the help.

lilo.conf.anaconda would be the file you're thinkinf of for Fedora 3 i guess. But i ended up looking for the etc/grub.conf file. That's the one i needed. Thanks so much for all the help.