Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! I have a problem with my new wireless pcmcia card hanging under Linux. The card is a DWL-G650 and the laptop is a T23 IBM Thinkpad. I've tried MEPIS, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wierd PCMCIA/Wireless problem

Hello!
    I have a problem with my new wireless pcmcia card hanging under Linux. The card is a DWL-G650 and the laptop is a T23 IBM Thinkpad. I've tried MEPIS, Knoppix, and Suse and everytime i plug in the card, (or it boots up with the card in the slot) it freezes up completely. But the strange thing is if i eject the card it goes back to normal!! Does anyone know what would cause this? It worked fine under win.

Thanks,
    -Josh

I don't think that's a natively recognized card (you would have to use linuxant or ndiswrapper to get it working) but it still shouldn't freeze your system...anything interesting in /var/log/messages?
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure, i know for sure no messages pop up in KDE or whatever. What exactly would I be looking for? (i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to linux).
    Thanks,
    -Josh

I would probably take a look at anything pcmcia-related and see if anything comes up (you'd be amazed what a google search on an error will get you).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson