Find the answer to your Linux question:
is there any way making my acer laptop Hibernating...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hibernating

is there any way making my acer laptop Hibernating

Hi jagadeesh,

I'm not sure what distro you are using but I know that Ubuntu 5.04 (the one I am using) has an option for hibernation when you go to log out. I tried it and it didn't work...I had to hold down the power button just to turn off my laptop. Although this is the case for me, it may be different for you. I have not noticed that hibernation option in any other distro I have used. By the way, I am using a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop, so what didn't work for me may work for you.

I found a post on a Dell forum where they were talking about hibernation in linux. The topic is found here (http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...essage.id=5954). I am not sure if the solution here is Dell specific (or RHEL3 specific for that matter) but it might be worth looking at.

Hope that helps,
    Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!

hibernating

Hi Bryan and othere
    well i am using acer travel Mate 2300 and i am uning mandrake 10.1 hope this will help to advise me
    jagadeesh

Unfourtunately, I don't use hibernation so my best advice would be to check out that link above (in my last post) to see if you can get the method suggested there to work.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.