Find the answer to your Linux question:
I will soon be getting a Dell Inspiron 1000 (because it's cheap and so am I) and I need to know which distro will run best on it. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best distro for Inspiron 1000

I will soon be getting a Dell Inspiron 1000 (because it's cheap and so am I) and I need to know which distro will run best on it. I have read a few times that Ubuntu 5.04 runs flawlessly on it, as well as Mandriva 2005 LE. I currently have the choice of SUSE 9.3, Ubuntu 5.04, Xandros 3.0, aLinux, SimplyMEPIS, and probably Mandriva by then. Any advice?

fedora core 3
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Just Joined!
    I also have a Dell Inspiron 1000 and are using suse9.3 on advice of my linux savy brother who said that it is a good dist. for individuals newly switching from windows, although he chooses debian for himself. Everything works great except the modem. I will eventually figure it out. I believe I had to install with the "no acpi" option.