Find the answer to your Linux question:
lo all, i think my laptop battery might be dead, the charge has dissapeared while switched off two nights in a row and now the battery no longer shows up ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Laptop battery dead?

lo all, i think my laptop battery might be dead, the charge has dissapeared while switched off two nights in a row and now the battery no longer shows up in the system monitors the battery module is loaded correctly and syslog registers the pluging in/out of the ac adaptor. ls /proc/acpi/battery/ is empty. the battery works anyway for a few minnits if i unplug ac adaptor...

This is pretty crap seeing as its a new laptop!

Toshiba satellite pro A60 celeron 2.8G/hz kernel = 2.6.11-gentoo-r4

Please help!

I have had the lappy plugged into acpi for two weeks now but the problem surfaced the past two days only.

Linux Newbie
    Maybe your just drawing lots of power? I killed the battery in my laptop in <1 hour befor I had cpu throttling set up. Things like running as fast as it can, lcd turned up bright, fans running hard and wireless help kill it quick. Now i can get ~6 hours out of my laptop if im nice to it.