Find the answer to your Linux question:
FC3 is detecting my sound card it is a 'Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Sound Controller' and uses the 'snd-intel8x0' driver. When i installed and did the sound test it went ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

No Sound.

FC3 is detecting my sound card it is a 'Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Sound Controller' and uses the 'snd-intel8x0' driver. When i installed and did the sound test it went very well. The sound was excelent. Now when i try to play sound files it shows that the file is playing but with the volume turned up on everything it doesn't make a sound. When i open the 'Soundcard Detection' client and do a test, after a minute of waiting it asks whether or not i heard a sound. When i click no it says "Automatic detection of the sound card did not work. Audio will not be available on the system. Please click OK to continue."

Any ideas, anyone?

Linux User
    I am not exactly sure how that distro handles sound but after it has detected your card, have you tried unmuting your sound? GNOMEs Volume Control will let you do that.

Still, i don't get anything. i've tried more then one program too so i know it's not just one program having a problem.