Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I recently bought a dell inspiron 700m and i was wondering which linux distro will be more likely to work or if anyone has gotten Suse 9.2 or FDC3/4 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best distro for inspiron 700m?

Hi, I recently bought a dell inspiron 700m and i was wondering which linux distro will be more likely to work or if anyone has gotten Suse 9.2 or FDC3/4 working with this laptop?
    Is the video card , wireless card and monitor supported? any suggestion as to what distro will be better is really appreciated. Also i tried running suse 9.2 on it but my monitor was only able to work at 860X460 i think so if anyone has any idea on how to fix this issue please tell me I really like suse better than FDC and would like to keep using it.
    thanks!!!

well i have a 600m and i use suse 9.2
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Just Joined!
    Did you have any issues with the resolution? and if any what drivers did u use or what did you do to fix it? so far the only thing i didnt like of suse on my laptop was the resolution and the wireless networking but i found out how to fix the wireless card with the ipw driver. thanks again!!!

I had a similar problem with Suse 9.1 and 9.2 with the resolution. I downloaded 855wrap (http://www.chzsoft.com.ar/855patch.html), compiled it and ran it as root. I then ran Sax and choose the 1024x768 laptop flat panel under Dell in monitor selection and then I saved it. Next time I started X; perfect 1024x768 resolution. I don't know if that will work for you because it doesn't list your model but it doesn't list mine either (I have an Inspiron 1150 but it has Inspiron 1100 listed).

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

what ever distro you want will work it just depends how mech yo want to pt into it
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org