Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Compaq armada e500 that I am trying to hook up to my network at home. I have had Windows XP, Windows 2000, Fedora Core Linux 3 and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I have a little problem

I have a Compaq armada e500 that I am trying to hook up to my network at home. I have had Windows XP, Windows 2000, Fedora Core Linux 3 and 4,Ubuntu Linux, and VLOS Linux 1.1 installed on this computer. Every operating system does the same thing. The OS recognizes the cardbus as a Texas instruments 1225 chipset. I can install my wired linksys pcmcia card and it keeps the chipset; however when I install the Motorola it gives it a generic chipset driver. Is there a problem with this card, I have not found any updates for my cmos or bios so i am assuming that it is not a conflict with my hardware, like i said before it ONLY happens with the Motorola WN825G card and no others. I am currently going to use the VLOS Linux 1.1 operating system. Any help would be much appreciated.

---update---

Everytime that I install an operating system it will recognize the cardbus. When i go to reboot and install the Motorola wireless adapter it says either generic cardbus or unknown device. Any tips? is there something that I need to do to the kernel?

Compaq Armada E500
    Pentium II 366
    128mb ram
    4 Gb hdd

P.S.
    Tonight I am going to install Gentoo and with much luck this will be my last install on my computer

Linux Newbie
    Descriptive titles nex time would help

I doubit it's Linux's fault - have you tried the card in another computer?
    At worst it's a defective card
    Registered Linux user #393668