Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, Wow apparently vendors and winodoze have some kind of conspiracy against RedHat and laptops? Ok to the point, I have a Dell Inspiron 1100, Intel 845 and the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Video 1/3, all sources exhausted + wireless Linksys (SOLVED!!)

Hey guys,

Wow apparently vendors and winodoze have some kind of conspiracy against RedHat and laptops?

Ok to the point, I have a Dell Inspiron 1100, Intel 845 and the dreadful “Unknown Monitor” in my display settings. All which makes my screen 1/3 of the actual 15” monitor. I’ve searched Dell, you guys, the backwoods of some southern state. I’m lost, and oh not the mention the BCM4306 802.11b Linksys card I placed in the laptop = no workie.

I will take any advice to correct this problem.

P.S. I am really good with RedHat, just that I’m tired of reading and there are a lot of smarter people then me out there that probably can guide me in the right direction or give me the answer.

Thanks guys!

Just Joined!
    I figured it out....

www.tuxmobil.org

Just Joined!
    Just want to let everyone know that ndiswrapper is your best bet to get any Linksys hardware to work with your Unix install. Mainly RedHat though, and it did take me some time to get it working correctly. Any questions let me know, I’ll be happy to help.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close