Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Mepis is a very good choice for laptops....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mepis is a very good choice for laptops.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    Suse 9.3 does Centrino out of the box with the built in ipw2100/2200 drivers.

Linux User
    Take a look at a program called wifi-radar http://www.bitbuilder.com/wifi_radar/ . I currently run it on Suse 9.3 so I can't say how it may or may not work on other distros's but the above website does have Suse RPM packages and also Debian packages, plus source in tar.gz avalible for download.

But basically it works a lot like other programs under Windows that I've used that will keep track of multiple wifi-networks and thier respective settings (wep keys and such) and scan for new networks and let you add/edit settings on the fly.

Just Joined!
    I myself am running Slackware on my IBM thinkpad A21p. Sometimes it feels like I am really roughing it. Wifi-Radar Isn't enjoying Slackware on my laptop right now. Currently looking for help with it.

Just Joined!
    I'm using SimplyMepis on a Dell Inspiron with a D-Link-G650. I also had a G630 card that would not work, So be carefull of the hardware. This distro loaded the support, though without any fuss.

Just Joined!
    I tested a copy of Slax 5.0.6 today. It's a little slim on internet tools, No FireFox, but the WiFi card worked like a champ. I also have the Kill Bill version, but haven't tested it yet. I think these guys are jus putting different apps in the several distibutions they are offering, But the WiFi should work on any of them.
    http://distrowatch.com/
    DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.
    I found Slax by linking from distrowatch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2