Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just finished this install and most everything is working. Had to choose generic lcd to get the display to 1024x768. Still working on the wireless (SMC 2532W-B). Being a Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FC4 on an hp pavillion zt3000

Just finished this install and most everything is working. Had to choose generic lcd to get the display to 1024x768. Still working on the wireless (SMC 2532W-B).
    Being a Linux noob I thought the install was easier than the other guys OS, or should I say lack of operating system.
    Performed the install on a brand new 60 Gb drive from Newegg (they deserve the plug, it got here in a day and a half with standard shipping)
    Any tips on where to find out what specific display is used on this laptop?

HP Pavillion zt3000
    ATi Mobility Radeon 9200
    I'm gonna enjoy peeling that "Designed for win xp" sticker off!!
    'Scuse me while I fire up Gimp and design a Powered by Linux sticker for the top of this thing.

Just Joined!
    Hi, could you tell me any trouble you ever encounter when doing the installation?

I have a pavilion zt3000 too. When I install FC4, I cannot enter the graphic mode. I have to do in text mode.

After finishing installation and reboot, it just hangs without showing me X Window...

Linux Newbie
    check out http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/hp.html. I think they have your model, but are installing suse. Id still give it a look though, it may answer some of your qestions.
    Registered Linux User Number 373366

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close