Find the answer to your Linux question:
"power daemon did not start. Run "rcpowersaved start" to start it, it will improve your performance while running on battery blah blah blah". I get this error message everytime when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Power daemon did not start

"power daemon did not start. Run "rcpowersaved start" to start it, it will improve your performance while running on battery blah blah blah". I get this error message everytime when I startup my laptop with outlet power plugged off. When I try to start rcpowersaved manually it says, that daemon is already running. And I still can set active power schemes successfully, so powermanagement seems to be working fine. But the message pop up at startup is annoying, could anyone help me to solve the problem?

I don't get this message when outlet power is plugged on. I use Dell Latitude D505 laptop. TIA.

I had exactly the same problem in my laptop when I was using SuSE 9.1. The problem dissapeared once I upgraded to 9.3 pro. Hope this helps.

Hernán

Linux Newbie
    I'm using SuSE 9.3 at the moment

Ok. I know this might sound stupid but, what do you think about deleting and reinstalling or upgrading the powersave daemon using Yast?

Linux Newbie
    Well... I'll give it a try right now

Linux Newbie
    Great, it works I've updated powersave and kpowersave (a frontend to powersave). The popup message didn't show up 10x

OK. Good to know that you solve that.