Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
zachtib: is that just a paper launch? because a quick search around shops revealed no prices by shops i mean websites...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

zachtib: is that just a paper launch? because a quick search around shops revealed no prices

by shops i mean websites
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    zachtib: is that just a paper launch? because a quick search around shops revealed no prices

by shops i mean websites
    i read about it on nVidia and ASUS's webpages today. (i was looking for laptops with the 7800GTX, and found this by accident) it was just announced today, so it isnt available for purchase yet

http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=1513

Re: Turion 64

Quote Originally Posted by a2d2
    ...did you start your linux on amd turion???
    ...expect to catch a HP NX6125, quietest turion ever seen.
    but most linux-groups tell about problems with turions.
    otherwise found 1 installation, that seems to be bit tricky and tells about "slow running" machine, after install.
    i did a quick google search and came up with this
    seems that it could be the radeon chipsets causing the problems. this should be rectified with the upcoming nVidia chipsets
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux User
    thats good, as im planning to get one as soon as possible, and I'll be ordering it without an OS.

some vendors sell ASUS notebooks aas barebones, so if possible, ill get one soon, and use my existing laptop's RAM, harddrive and DVD drive to get it up and running (assuming they wit fit, theyre pretty standard parts)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2