Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am looking for laptops on E-bay, and I really want to know this. What's the cheapest laptop I can get for my SuSE, cuz i don't wanna spend ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

In Serach of Laptops

Hello, I am looking for laptops on E-bay, and I really want to know this. What's the cheapest laptop I can get for my SuSE, cuz i don't wanna spend 600 bucks on a laptop, again. I see many for like 200, 300 with something missing, does any one know of an old laptop that i should look for?

My hopes but if you have better less ones ill take them into consideration:
    20GB hard drive
    1-2 USB Ports
    b/g Wifi or PCI slots for a wireless card
    CD-ROM (i don't care for CD-RW)
    1 GHZ-800 MHz
    Pentium II or III (you decide what's better, cuz i don't care)
    maybe ehternet
    ---the end---

Yeah see, i don't really want much, just bare minimums.

An IBM thinkpad T series. Either the 20,20,22, or if you are luck the 23 would be in your price range. I got a T22 900 mhz pIII 256 mb ram and 20 gig hd for around 300 bucks. Its in great condition came with battery, and power supply.

I like thinkpads for linux because they are very linux friendly hardware wise and lots of people have them so there is a wealth of information availabe via google and forums like this one.

I would avoid gateway and dell from my experience but others may have had better luck with those systems.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL