Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Had a similar problem on my Dell Inspiron 5100, running Ubuntu linux. After some research, I found the solution was to upgrade the BIOS on my laptop. Battery icon working ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Had a similar problem on my Dell Inspiron 5100, running Ubuntu linux. After some research, I found the solution was to upgrade the BIOS on my laptop. Battery icon working perfect now, percent of charge left when running on battery and percent of charge when running on the power plug.

Just Joined!
    It wasn't a problem of me typing the code in incorrectly i wasn't typing the #, i've updated to the latest bios and the problem still persists.
    I found the location of the acpi directory in proc and ran the "cat state" code in the appropriate directory it returned: ERROR: Unable to read battery status

also check the bios to see if there is a battery calibration choice in bios

if so do it then the bios will read the battery correctly
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    As loft said above check in your bios (just incase your bios says the same thing) simular thing happened with my dell c600 if the battery went low and went on charge it would say "Charging 1%" forever untill you restarted the unit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2