Find the answer to your Linux question:
is there a way i can config my laptop to see a wireless. it dont show on the list where all the nic cards are, can some one tell me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

red hat config

is there a way i can config my laptop to see a wireless. it dont show on the list where all the nic cards are, can some one tell me why. can i get my red hat 9 to use wireless access. i always have to logoff on log back on too boot to windows xp if i want to browse the internet.

Support for wireless lan in Linux is wholly dependent upon the chipset in your wireless card. Also, support is pretty weak in earlier versions of most distros, RedHat 9 is several years old now, and will suffer from this. Even if you update to a new version, there is no guarantee of support for your wireless chipset.

The latest distro in the RedHat 9 chain is either one of the commercially supported Redhat Server variants or the community supported Fedora Core 4 (there is also CentOS which is a community supported version of the RedHat commercial server platforms). Perhaps you could try one of these to give you more joy with wireless. It would probably be a good idea to look into support for you wireless card in linux before you take any upgrade steps, though. The best place to look for this is on the wlan card manufacturers website.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Linux Newbie

red hat config

ok thanks i will look into it.