Results 1 to 2 of 2
hi. newbie here. :drown: after about 3-4 days tinkering with all sorts of bootdisks, reformats and partitions, i think i finally have the setup that i was shooting for on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 01-21-2006 #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
newbie: fedora on an inspiron 9300
hi. newbie here. :drown:
after about 3-4 days tinkering with all sorts of bootdisks, reformats and partitions, i think i finally have the setup that i was shooting for on my 60 (55.89) gig inspiron 9300:
12 gb: ntfs - win xp
36 gb: ntfs - misc data
8 gb: ext1, etc...(?) - linux (i forgot what the automated partitioning put)
i have now windows xp running with a dual boot fedora core 4 (or is it the other way around?) where i can choose what os to load when the computer starts. windows loads fine but i'm having problems getting started with fedora. here is a list of things that i need assistance with:
- getting my wireless network up and running on the linux partition... how do i get started finding and installing drivers?
- getting the sound working. the audio test during setup failed (another driver issue)
- i picked a monitor from the list of compatible or supported displays during startup that supports 1920 x 1200 resolution but how can i tell if fedora is utilizing the nvidia card?
- tutorial on how to browse through files or what does what
- a way to swap/use/browse files between os's? eg: is there a way to maybe use a partition (preferrably the 36 gb: ntfs - misc data) so that i can access files (mp3's, movies, documents, etc) from both os's? now that would be ideal!
- how to install and uninstall programs
i think that's it for now.
thanks in advance
- 01-21-2006 #2
- Join Date
- May 2004
- arch linux
Welcome to the forums...
Have you tried using the "search" function yet? Most all those questions have been answered countless times already.
Hope you have fun here and visit often!