Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK, I have a Dell Inspiron 5150, trying to run Mandriva 2006 to learn linux a bit. Last time I loaded Linux on this was almost 2 years ago, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dell TrueMobile 1300 Wireless

OK, I have a Dell Inspiron 5150, trying to run Mandriva 2006 to learn linux a bit. Last time I loaded Linux on this was almost 2 years ago, and I gave up as there was no support for the Dell TrueMobile 1300 wireless card it has. So here I am, thought maybe I'd try linux on it again since its been so long (thinking by now there would most certainly be support for my card), and I still can't get the bloody thing to work. I've tried the windows driver with the ndiswrapper thing that Mandriva has in it, but it keeps erroring that no device supporting the ndiswrapper is present.

Anybody able to tell me how to get this thing working correctly, or if its even possible? - I'm not a total newbie to linux, but I'm still pretty green. Also, I'm not sold 100% on any particular distributions, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

do you know what chipset the card is? that is the biggest deal with most wireless cards is the chipset the card was built on. now dell may have a very special one that they only release drivers for. now as far as the ndiswrapper i havent had to use it yet.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557