Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am an intermediate Linux user. I have used many distributions on my previous desktop PC, and i had to sell it. I got my new Acer TM4061 WLMI ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Acer TM4061?????

Hi, I am an intermediate Linux user. I have used many distributions on my previous desktop PC, and i had to sell it. I got my new Acer TM4061 WLMI as a present a few weeks ago. It comes with WinXP Home. I need to install Linux on it, because it is better than win. Is there anyone who can tell me which distro to install!?? It has a Lugano II motherboard with intel 915 chipset, integrated video card 915GM, HD audio (realtek) and softmodem (i think it is Connexant HSF). lan and wireless are not that important, but they are intel pro wilreless 2200 (802.11b/g) and realtek gigabit lan. CPU is Intel Centino 730 (1.6, 2MB) Please, i need this info ASAP. Thanks!

It doesn't matter that much, you'll find hardware support is pretty consistent across the major distros, just pick the newest version of your fave distro. If you ask us to recommend one, all you will get are answers to the question 'what's your fave distro' and the thread will become pointless then get locked.

If you're an intermediate linux user, then you should have a distro that you're comfortable with. Take a look on distrowatch for info the most popular distributions.

You might also want to look on the Linux on Laptops website to see if anyone's installed on the same (or simlar) model as you before - they may have info on getting some of the less-well supported kit you always get on a laptop to work.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/