Find the answer to your Linux question:
alright, i've been using redhat linux on a server for quite some time. i know my fair share of stuff, BUT, i know nothing about wireless config. well besides what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

fedora core 4 on a hp pavilion ze5375us

alright, i've been using redhat linux on a server for quite some time. i know my fair share of stuff, BUT, i know nothing about wireless config. well besides what i read in forums and such. i got everything to work on this laptop (running fedora core 4) except the wireless card. now the wireless card is a Lan Express card, and i know there's not a driver for this card, but i have read that u can use the old orinoco driver and it will work. the problem is... i dont have that driver: ie. it doesnt show up in the internet configure tool. how do i install a single driver? can someone please do a walk though for me. please help.

Just Joined!

lan express card

What does lspci show the card as? Google lan express card show many users with your lappy and card having trouble over last 2 yrs. One thread said to use intersil prism driver. But none of threads gave solution even after contacting hp for lan express problem under XP. If yours works under XP you're ahead of those users. XP device manager can show the lan express card to help you in linux.
    After lan express driver was installed/config'd by fedora, did you install needed firmware also? Fedora may install driver but you may need to do firmware install too and make sure to use /lib/firmware not /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware(the former loocation is what SW requires). egrep DIR /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent command may help determine the correct location. Good luck.