Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I have a Toshiba laptop. I have successfully managed to get Internet working through wireless with ipw2200 card after installing the firmware in Fedora Core 5. I have a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox does not detect Internet but Konqueror does!!

Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop. I have successfully managed to get Internet working through wireless with ipw2200 card after installing the firmware in Fedora Core 5.

I have a strange problem. Whenever I connect to a unsecure network, all the browsers detect the network and can access the web pages. But when I come home and connect to my secured network, only Konqueror is able to detect it. Firefox or Epiphany browsers fail to detect. They say "Connecting to http://www.google.com...." and they are stuck there.

I have checked that all my browsers are set to "Directly connected to internet" option in the connection settings. Can some one help me get the internet going in all my browsers in secured networks?

Thanks in advance.
    Srikanth Varadarajan,
    Arizona State University.

try typing about:config in the address bar in firefox.then type ipv6 in search bar,then disable ipv6
    might work

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Just Joined!
    Thanks Andy,

It is working now.

Srikanth Varadarajan
    Arizona State University.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close