Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, This is my first post, so please go easy on me On my Toshiba notebook, I have Windows user, but as of recently, I have been wanting to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux on Toshiba Satellite

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so please go easy on me

On my Toshiba notebook, I have Windows user, but as of recently, I have been wanting to make the switch to Linux.
    I've been reading up a great deal on distros for Toshiba notebooks, but am very lost in what is good for my notebook.

I would be appreciative if anyone could tell me a good distro for notebooks, and which has a nice GUI.
    (Because of my wireless internet, I'd want a distro to have such capability too.)

I would be very thankful for responses.

BTW, my notebook is a Toshiba Satellite A55-S106, 1.4ghz CPU, 512ram, wireless internet.

My Dad's got a Satellite P30, I put SUSE 9.3 on it for him and he loves it. It configured the wireless automaticially during install, has a nice GUI and takes care of partitioning and dual boot for you.

I'd say give it (SUSE) a go.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    My own experience trying out various distributions hasn't been the best. Most have had problems, of varying degrees (this is with a Toshiba Satellite Pro L20). Anyway, here's my suggestion. Try a number of distributions, and see what works, what doesn't. Then pick the one you like most.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close