Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there any utility that is bootable from floppy and able to format Linux ext2/ext3 filesystem on my HDD? because I can't reinstall Windows on any of the two partions ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Formatting HDD with ext2 filesystem -- Advice Needed

Is there any utility that is bootable from floppy and able to format Linux ext2/ext3 filesystem on my HDD? because I can't reinstall Windows on any of the two partions and neither can I can reinstall Linux. The reason was that a previous Mandrake installation was halted during system installation. Any help will be appreciated.

j2dizzo

Linux Newbie

re:

if you need to delete linux partitions use aefdisk (go to www.shareware.com and type aefdisk in at the search {or pm me and i will send a copy of it with the dos boot files}).
    at the dos prompt type aefidsk followed by your hdd number (on a laptop this should be 0 [for primary master drive]) followed by a switch <to erase whole drive use /delall>.
    you can then repartition your hdd using aefdisk or your os'es local fdisk.
    for more info on how to use aefdisk, view the readme included with the program.
    Cry out for freedom! Cry out for Linux!

Linux Engineer
    insert the mandrake install cd and when it gets to the instalation menu use the CTRL + ALT + F1/2/3/4/5 key combination to get to a terminal. From there you should be able to use fdisk to erase all the partitons on the hard disk.. then reinstall windows and then linux.. i also recomend that you switch to a distro like gentoo - mandrake sucks (so does redhat and suse imo)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close