Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I recently installed Mandrake Linux 9.2 (*sigh* missed 10.0) on my IBM R40 Centrino laptop. Everything went fine. Except that now I cannot use neither my track point nor ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux on IBM R40

Hi,

I recently installed Mandrake Linux 9.2 (*sigh* missed 10.0) on my IBM R40 Centrino laptop. Everything went fine. Except that now I cannot use neither my track point nor my touch pad. yes this is quite expected...because this machine is designed for windows XP. as of now, i'm using an USB mouse

I'm wondering whether I could download any third party drivers to get this thing working?

Also, my laptop comes with an integrated wireless card (I guess its CISCO cant remember). Actually, I use this to get connected to my university's wireless network called WINZONE. If any of you guys out there know how to get this wireless card working....pls help me

Linux User
    You can find info here - http://www.linux-laptop.net - It has post from people that have installed on various laptops and how they got things working. Sorry, but I don't have an R40 so I didn't read the posts, but there seem to be a bunch of them on the R40.