Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am new to the forum. I have a problem installing linux reedhat 9 on my laption which is Acer Aspire 5100 AMD Turion 64 x2 1.6GHz (800MHz /core) ATI ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux installation on Acer Aspire

i am new to the forum. I have a problem installing linux reedhat 9 on my laption which is Acer Aspire 5100 AMD Turion 64 x2 1.6GHz (800MHz /core)
    ATI Radeon XPress 1100
    120 GB PATA hdd
    1 GB DDR2 ram.
    I have tried to install Redhat 9 on my own , but the machice always freeze after the 1st cd, so please if you are able to get a solution let me know at this address bezgodo@yahoo.fr For all the est of the menbers of this forum , is it possible to install solaris on this machine ie the acer one.

AMD Turion 64 x2 1.6GHz (800MHz /core)
    ATI Radeon XPress 1100
    120 GB PATA hdd
    1 GB DDR2 ram

Thanks

Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bezgodo
    I have a problem installing linux reedhat 9 on my laption which is Acer Aspire 5100 AMD Turion 64 x2 1.6GHz (800MHz /core)
    ATI Radeon XPress 1100
    120 GB PATA hdd
    1 GB DDR2 ram.

I have tried to install Redhat 9 on my own , but the machice always freeze after the 1st cd
    I very much doubt Red Hat 9 will ever install on that machine. Red Hat 9 is quite legacy now, and it is not supported by Red Hat anymore. For a new laptop like that, you need a very recent distro so that everything will work smoothly : Ubuntu Edgy, Mandriva 2007, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bezgodo
    is it possible to install solaris on this machine ie the acer one.

AMD Turion 64 x2 1.6GHz (800MHz /core)
    ATI Radeon XPress 1100
    120 GB PATA hdd
    1 GB DDR2 ram
    Solaris 10 is getting a little old, but perhaps it would work.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee