Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got a new Compaq V3000Z and I'm having some issues withthe headphone out, it doesn't work! Whenever I plug the headphone in it keeps outputing sound to the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Headphone Out problem

I just got a new Compaq V3000Z and I'm having some issues withthe headphone out, it doesn't work! Whenever I plug the headphone in it keeps outputing sound to the built-in speakers. I check some notes on tuxmobil.org but the suggested instructions do not work... adding disable_msi=1 as an ALSA parameter. This actually just gives an error saying "disabel_msi" is not a known parameter. Has anyone with a similar problem been able to fix it?

I'm using ALSA 1.0.13 (which supposedly fixes issues with this sound card), a Debian Testing package.

Thanks

Reference links:
    http://hpwiki.cactii.net/hpwiki/Presario_V3%2A%2A%2A
    http://starbase-12.blogspot.com/2006...buntu-606.html
    "Today you are freer than ever to do what you want, provided you can pay for it!" --Bad Religion

I've done it on a few machines, but just in the gui. In kmix or gnome-volume-control there is an ooption for Headphone Jack Sense that you can enable.

Linux Enthusiast
    This might sound a bit weird, but I don't have that kind of option, using gnome-volume-control.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
    "Today you are freer than ever to do what you want, provided you can pay for it!" --Bad Religion

Check Edit > Preferences, often a lot of the options aren't shown in the interest of simplicity.

Linux Enthusiast
    I've got everything showing! The funny thing is that there are only 5 options to choose from. On my other computer (a desktop) there's an insane amount of possible options to display and control.