Find the answer to your Linux question:
I wish to dual boot with WIN 98.. on Fujitsu lifebook 340 with 4.5 & 1.5 GB partition... Please suggest a distro.. I wish to have this on LAN with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Suggest a disro for dual boot

I wish to dual boot with WIN 98.. on Fujitsu lifebook 340 with 4.5 & 1.5 GB partition... Please suggest a distro.. I wish to have this on LAN with my desktop dual booted with WIN XP & Suse10.2.. and use both of them at my clinic to keep my patients database on every visit Using LINUX only..

will any linux in laptop support SUSE 10.2 on my desktop and network with it or it has to be SUSE only??

I am a newbie to LINUX (Dec 2006).. so please guide
    dr_smit
    Registered Linux User # 442381
    You get life once....... If you live right, once is enough!
    Mandriva 2008, CentOS 5, Sabalyon..

Just Joined!
    im pretty new to linux too, but from what ive seen, fedora, DSL (damn small linux) or gentoo would probably be good for what you want, though if you plan to do a lot of multimedia stuff, Dynebolic is the way to go.

Check the link in my sig - this should get you going.

If I understand your last question properly, you can network different distros together. It is usually the software that makes the connections between the computers.

For your laptop, check out here: http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/fujitsu.html
    This site outlines people's past experience with Linux and Fujitsu. I couldn't find your model but it might still be worth the look.

Best of luck.
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Personally, out of Fedora 6, Suse 10.2 and Debian Etch 4 that I have tried on my laptop, I definetly will stick to Debian - it's worked the fastest and very stable. Networking OS's together depends on the programs that you use to do that with.
    Gentoo 2.6.24 amd64
    AMD Anthlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM, Asus M2N-MX, nVidia GeForce 9600GT 512Mb, 250Gb + 160Gb HDDs