Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, a few months ago I bought a Toshiba P100-257 laptop for the purpus of instaling Ubuntu on it. Well I didn't have much time to play with it until ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ubuntu & Toshiba Problem

Hi,

a few months ago I bought a Toshiba P100-257 laptop for the purpus of instaling Ubuntu on it. Well I didn't have much time to play with it until now.
    I installed Ubuntu 6.06 without any major problems.
    The GUI and wifi worked out of the box so I was happy at first, but now I can't seem to get anything else to work right. I culdn't get the dual core to work only one did. So I tryed installing Ubuntu 6.10 but then the wifi and some pther stuff simply didn't work so I migrated back to Ubuntu 6.06 and decided to try and fix things there.
    Now the audio also is show as if it were working but not a sound form it. I read somewhare that it has something to do with the modem driver being loaded after the sound driver and thus resaulting in the sound not working.
    While I got the resolution to get up to 1280x800 it still doesn't want to work at 1440x900 even thow it is set up in the xorg. I still don't know what's up with that I also read somewhare it has something to do with the 915resolution package.
    And of curse the infamous cardreader I also can't seem to get it anywhare. It would be a nice fiture to use but if it doesn't work no biggie. But the hotkey on the are another problem at the begining some of them that I set worked bu they just stopped to work even the win-key.

Anyway does anyone have any idea on how I could get any of this problems resolved. I'm not really a experianced linux user since I just started using it a year ago and on my previous PC all worked well so any help is appreciated.
    I'm adding my lspci if it helps.

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just Joined!
    Success,

well atleast partly. I finaly got both halfs of my processor working and all I had to do is include the 686#SMP module into the kernel and it worked like a charm after the reboot. I had some problems with the Intel Pro wireless card modul witch didn't load the first time around. But I just added it to the kernel and it worked.

Now I still have to figure out how to work out the kinks of the sound sistem and multi-media card reader. The card reagder shuld work since it uses a texas instruments driver. But I can't find it on my system.
    The sound is another matter. I've updated the BIOS since I read that it might be the couse but still nothing. There was something about DSDT but I'm still not sure what that means.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks for the help