Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to the linux world and trying to set up a laptop for Fedora Core 6. Right now i am thinking of a Alienware Sentia m3450. My budget ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Alienware Sentia m3450 Compatibility?

I am new to the linux world and trying to set up a laptop for Fedora Core 6.
    Right now i am thinking of a Alienware Sentia m3450. My budget is about $1000. If anyone has any input wheather this is a good idea or if there is something better out there please let me know. Thanks.

Just Joined!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by linuxnoob57 View Post
    I am new to the linux world and trying to set up a laptop for Fedora Core 6.
    Right now i am thinking of a Alienware Sentia m3450. My budget is about $1000. If anyone has any input wheather this is a good idea or if there is something better out there please let me know. Thanks.
    hi i have a sentia m3450 it works http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ima...on_biggrin.gif
    A plus compiz xgl works sound works also media card works i just so happy

I have an Alienware Area 51m (also a laptop) that I purchased in 2002/2003(i think). I ran FC4 on it and it went well... then I got sick of RPM based distros and went to Debian... now I run Ubuntu... I think I'll move back to debian very soon.

I don't think you should have a problem running Linux. Windows tends to take up more resources then Linux, so it's safe to say that if you can run XP on the computer you can run any version of Linux on it.
    Running Linux Since 2001
    Registered Linux User #430868 - Since 91206