Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a gateway solo 1450 and i just installed fedora 5. Everything went fine and i rebooted. I could see the kernel doing all of its start up procedures ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Screen is blank after install.

I have a gateway solo 1450 and i just installed fedora 5. Everything went fine and i rebooted. I could see the kernel doing all of its start up procedures and then the screen went blank (like it was off). last thing it said was "Starting udev" (i think).

monitor = unknown device
    video card = intel on board standard piece of crap (or w/e it might be not sure exactly what it said.)

Just Joined!
    Anyone? Come on guys! A little help here please.

in GRUB screen, select Fedora title and press 'e'. select 'kernel' line, press 'e' again and add <space> 3 at the end of line. press 'Enter' key and press 'b' to boot up. this will drop you on command line login prompt. log in as root and execute this
    Code:
     system-config-display
    configure display and resolutions. in case your Monitor is not listed in Monitors List, select 'Generic' Monitor.
    reboot.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    well i tried that and it said "starting udev" and the screen went blank again. it doesnt seem like it starts in command line

did installation complete before reboot? did you add any option at boot: prompt to start installation?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First