Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to install xgl / beryl , but I'm on a dell e1705 with the Geforce go 7900 gs . I've read that this graphics card is not supported ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

XGL compatability

I want to install xgl / beryl , but I'm on a dell e1705 with the Geforce go 7900 gs . I've read that this graphics card is not supported in xgl ? Can any one double verify this by experience or reading? What about AIGLX? This link is where I discovered the incompatability with the 7900 gs. http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Vide...port_Under_XGL

any help greatly appreciated?

If you got a nvidia card, you should be using AIGLX instead of XGL, it's faster and works nicely with Beryl.
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Agreed. I can't see why there'd be any problem with that card. You will need to install the proprietary drivers to use it though. With nVidia you have the option of using AIGLX or using the native nVidia GL_texture_from_pixmap which provides the same functionality. I have a GF6200 and I get excellent performance with Beryl.