Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by crippen i searching for older versions but they have take them away from the net because there old. Check Yahoo or eBay software sales sections. It's not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    tyc
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crippen View Post
    i searching for older versions but they have take them away from the net because there old.
    Check Yahoo or eBay software sales sections. It's not unusual for older versions of Linux to show up.

Hope this helps.

TYC

Deli Linux, Gentoo, Damn Small Linux and possibly Xubuntu would work fine. Of course Deli Linux would be the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal_linux View Post
    I have a couple of old under powered laptops, and I run Damn Small Linux on them, and it uses the fluxbox window manager, so its super fast. I run DamnSmall on my IBM Thinkpad 390X which is 400Mhz with 256mb, which is very very fast, and I also run it on my Toshiba Portege 610CT which is a pentium 90mhz, with 48mb memory, and it is still really fast. Damn Small will run on a minimum of a 486 with 16mb memory, you might check it out, it comes as a live-cd, so you can boot it up and check it out before you install it.

DSL information

Good Luck!

-Eric-
    I personally don't recommend older versions because you won't get full compatibility with the new stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2