Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I personally have a Toshiba A55 and have no problems with openSUSE, Ubuntu and Mandriva. There is this website called Linux on Laptops which tells you about notebooks and the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I personally have a Toshiba A55 and have no problems with openSUSE, Ubuntu and Mandriva.

There is this website called Linux on Laptops which tells you about notebooks and the distros which work best on such.

Just Joined!
    I'm running Gentoo on an HP Pavilion dv2000z. I actually had an easier time getting everything working in Linux than XP (mainly dodgy sound card drivers in XP that required some *extreme* lateral thinking to get working), though I haven't mucked around with the webcam or card reader drivers yet (don't use them).

I need to mention that there are some manufacturers that offer Linux on certain business models that the same model of windows machine would work with because they try to make the hardware compatible. HP is one that does this. Dell is, now that they sell Linux pre-installed, compatible with Linux on newer notebooks. You will have better luck if you end up with either a dell or a HP new system because of that reason.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2