Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a wireless PC card plugged into a pci/pcmcia. It is my first time ever to try it So please be patient with me. 1. How do I know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to activate my PCMCIA

I have a wireless PC card plugged into a pci/pcmcia.
    It is my first time ever to try it
    So please be patient with me.

1. How do I know if my Linux detected the PCI/PCMCIA and has the right driver.

I know that serial ports are found in /dev.

I have many more questions but will ask later. for now I am only interested if my PCI/PCMCIA is working.

[root@dhcp13 sbin]# uname -a
    Linux 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 #1 SMP Mon Oct 16 14:37:32 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks
    --
    Rami

Just Joined!
    Code:
    ~$ lspci
    Lspci should show you any cardbus cards. I suggest you try ndiswrapper and use the windows drivers if there are no native linux drivers available. lsmod will show you whether a particular driver module is in use... I suggest you examine the system log to see if a driver has been loaded.

Just Joined!

Problem solved

Just for the records. i solved my problem.

My PCMCIA bridge was not detected at all by my computer so I had to buy a new 150$ PCMCIA Bridge(Card reader) from Taiwan.

That was it. I didn't know why my old card reader was not being detected by my linux. So I don't think there is a lesson learned other than money can save your ass.

Just Joined!
    I'm quite fond of the use of a persuading stick in those sort of situations.

Though the ensuing mess is usually left to mature for a while before I brush it away...alas.

N.