Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i've a via chrome 9 hc igp graphics card. i want to use linux (Fedora 7, Centos 5, OpenSuse 10.2, Ubuntu ) on my laptop. but when i was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem On My Arcelik Laptop (Via based) about graphics card (via chrome 9 hc igp)

hi i've a via chrome 9 hc igp graphics card. i want to use linux
    (Fedora 7, Centos 5, OpenSuse 10.2, Ubuntu ) on my laptop. but when i
    was installed these operating systems i got problem about graphics on
    my laptop. İ tried something but i couldnt find a solution. Please help
    me about this problem. Thanks for all, at the Above my problems with
    os.

Fedora 7 and Centos 5 : Computer is started, but, at the end of starting, i have black Screen.

OpenSuse 10.2: Driver is known as VESA but didnt work well. screen is cutting and starting ubuntu so like this.

Thanks again

Mehmet

Just Joined!
    HI!
    I have the same problem. Today I installed Suse 11 to my laptop (with the same VIA Chrome 9 video card), and tried to set up the desktop effects (Compiz)… unfortunately since that time I have been unable to log in, because after login I can’t see anything – only hear the login sound…

So, the good news, that Suse 11 (and suse 10.3) works fine with VIA Chrom 9 (except the desktop effects). Ubuntu still has problem with this video card – after Suse I tried Ubuntu, but after the first start I killed it too after a few minutes with the desktop effects!

Something useful:
    Unsolved HP Mini-Note 2133 - Compiz Community Forums

Just Joined!

thanks for interest

thanks but now a days ubuntu send me new version 8.04 , and i installed to my machine. compiz is not running but screen is normal. So i am using ubuntu. i am happy with ubuntu.

thanks