Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok, i am EXTREMELY new to Linux and i have an older model Dell laptop...i need to get a wireless card for it, and each one i have seen does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help please!!! wireless card/driver question

ok, i am EXTREMELY new to Linux and i have an older model Dell laptop...i need to get a wireless card for it, and each one i have seen does not claim to be Linux compatable...does anyone know which card i should get?? is there just a "typical" one that would allow me online access with it???

or instead i could use my cell phone...

i have a cell phone that can be used as a modem, but i have to go to their website and download the drivers first and i was told that none of the drivers would be linux compatable...they typically write for windows... any idea how i can find the driver for my notebook?

i am truely lost!!! i was told it would be easier to just get the card...WHICH I CANT FIND!!! LOL thanks for any help anyone can give me!!!

Check this thread out. There are few wireless card manufacturers that make drivers for linux. If in is not supported natively though you can as well use ndiswrapper and use windows drivers instead.
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041