Laptop overheating problem
I put my laptop on a soft surface for 5 minutes, and it promptly overheated, saying "Over 85 C" and shutting down before doing permanent damage (the recommended temperature for my CPU is under 100 C).
However now the laptop regularly goes over 70 C (whereas before it was in the 30s or 40s). And it quite often overheats when I'm doing something processor demanding or using the ethernet.
I have cleaned it out (there was half a cm of dust on the radiator, this is a 2nd hand laptop), but it still overheats a lot.
Maybe there's a way to make the fan turn on at a lower temperature?
What can I do?