I'm having a really deep complicated question in my mind now. :p
Currently i'm using this laptop:
- Pentium M 1.6Ghz 2Mb L2.
- 1.5 Gb DDR2
- 60Gb HD
- 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller
- 1280x800 TFT LCD
- openSuSE 10.2 (with Beryl ;) )
I'm thinking to buy a new laptop, and highly interested with macbook (and partially with the osx :p , i'm thinking about dual-booting osx with openSuSE10.2)
I will using this new laptop mainly for software development using java (j2ee), and partially for image editing.
I need laptop with high performance (core 2 duo and 2GB RAM is a must).
The budget is around $1000-$1500.
My question is:
- Does openSuSE10.2 run all macbook's hardware flawlessly?
- Is there any laptop i should consider besides macbook (i really interested with macbook's design)
- Is there also any laptop that *don't* have Windows pre-installed on it? (I don't use Windows).
- Does anyone knows place i can buy macbook with cheaper price? (this one just a joke, i couldn't find one).
Anyway, here's the macbook spec:
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz
- 2GB DDR2
- 100GB HD
- Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory
- 1280x800 Glossy LCD
And it cost around $1530.
Please give me any advice or your thought.
Many thanks in advance.