My Lenovo G430 is not Linux Friendly
About 3 months ago, I bought this new laptop without any OS. I installed Fedora 10 and encountered some issues.
1) The tracking pad does not work and appears to be frozen. I still have to Fn + F8 twice. Which 1 out of 10 times also fails and I have to do a reboot.
2) My screen freezes once in a while. Again I have to resort to reboot via the power button. (A friend told me it might be the CCSM)
3) Booting failure 1 out of 10 tries.
4) The keyboard brightness command does not work.
5) Does not accept Ubuntu 9.04 (my first OS option) when I tried to install but only gives me a black screen somewhere along in the installation.
I thought it was the Ubuntu and the other issues was due to Fedora 10.
Until I tried to use a Live CD of PCLinux. I encoutered Problem #1 above.
And when I tried to install to triple boot, I got an error and a workaround blahblahblah about SATA something.
Now i realize its not the OS. The issue is with Lenovo. Did somebody experience the same on their laptop? or is this problem unique to my Lenovo. I enjoy this brand since this is the very first laptop i bought with my hard earned money and a friend recommended it because of the supposedly "good ibm hardware support". Would have I encountered the same problems with a Dell, Asus, or Acer etc?
Thanks for your time, cheers!