Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
- London, UK
Job Opportunity - Linuxforums.org Review Team Member x 3-5
Any member of linuxforums.org with more than 50 posts and who joined at least 1 month ago is eligible to apply for the position. Those applying for the postition should also have the following qualities:
- Strong written English - including good grammar and spelling.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work on own initive and be self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to group discussions
It is obvious that review team members should be able to find the necessary time to read said book, experiment with said distro or prepare and execute said interview. Books and CD's can be provided free of charge and will become the property of the reviewer once review is completed.
More information is available. If you are interested in this opportunity, want to know more, and you meet all of the requirements above you should PM jasonlambert or email email@example.com for more information.
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
- London, UK
The type of things review team members will be doing include:
- Interviewing key players in the Linux industry. This includes making first contact, preparing the interview questions, executing the interview, and producing a final writeup to be made available for public reading.
- Writing comprehensive reviews of new and existing linux distributions that offer the reader an accurate view of what that distribution is like, its new features and to highlight its good and bad points compared to other distributions.
- Writing detailed reviews of Linux related books that leave the reader of the review with a clear picture of what the book is about, its strengths and its weaknesses.
What do review team members get for their time?
Apart from the feeling of doing something positive with your time, and knowing that you are helping linuxforums, when reviewing a distribution or a Linux related book, the book or distribution CD will be supplied free of charge to the reviewer and will be their's to keep upon completion of the review. There is also monetary compensation available for interviews.
How much am I expected to do?
Each member of the review team is expected to produce 1 review or interview approximatly every 5 weeks. Reviews are expected to be approximatly 1,000 words in length and will be in a standard format in accordance with a review "template". Interviews should be approximatly 1,000-1,500 words in length, however most of this will be written by the interviewee.
How much choice is there in what I do?
Pretty much unlimited. If there is a linux book you've been dying to read let me know and I will do my best to ensure it is made available for you to review. The same applies with distro's. I will occaisionally make available lists of suggested books/distros which I feel would be good to review, and you will have the opportinity to pick something from that list if you wish.
Am I working alone or as part of a team?
You will of course play a key part of an overall team effort. Some work will be initially done alone, for example reading a book, but you will be free to discuss your review of the book within a private forum section where all review team members can offer advice and suggest ways to extend/improve your review or offer ideas on specific elements. Group input for interview questions may also be common practice.
Who can apply?
Any member of linuxforums who has more than 50 posts and has been a member of linuxforums for at least one month can apply. You should possess good written English and be able to communicate ideas in writing well.
I have been asked about which countries books can be shipped to, I will confirm this in a couple of days. At the moment i would expect UK, USA, Canada and most of Europe should be fine.
How to apply
Please send me a PM or email me a brief message outlining why you feel this job role is suitable for you. Thats it. Successful candidates will be announced by September 1st.