Find the answer to your Linux question:
Linuxforums is revamping the site and we're looking for individuals to write articles so we can get the front page updated! In the past, we have had articles on digg ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Community Leader

Post Callin' all techie writers!

Linuxforums is revamping the site and we're looking for individuals to write articles so we can get the front page updated! In the past, we have had articles on digg and slashdot and it's brought some great exposure to our writers and the site. You'll be paid $25 USD if we use the article, and a $100 USD bonus if the article makes it on slashdot, front page of digg, etc.

Specifically, we're looking for articles in the following areas: Linux servers, Linux on the Desktop, Multimedia and Linux, Linux Applications, Distro Reviews, Linux Security, Linux Programming, Misc Linux Articles, and Linux Installation articles.

Got something up your sleeve? Private message me, and let us know your experience and we'll look into adding you on the Content Team!

The content team will work together to review articles written by the team and work as a team to decide what gets submitted. Quality, not quantity! We're also looking for anyone who has connections with news sites. The more we can get the word out the better! Thanks! We look forward to hearing back from you.

So what? So shoot me that private message!
    Last edited by MatthewGx; 11-08-2008 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewGx View Post
    Linuxforums is revamping the site and we're looking for individuals to write articles so we can get the front page updated! In the past, we have had articles on digg and slashdot and it's brought some great exposure to our writers and the site. You'll be paid $25 USD if we use the article, and a $100 USD bonus if the article makes it on slashdot, front page of digg, etc.

Specifically, we're looking for articles in the following areas: Linux servers, Linux on the Desktop, Multimedia and Linux, Linux Applications, Distro Reviews, Linux Security, Linux Programming, Misc Linux Articles, and Linux Installation articles.

Got something up your sleeve? Respond to this post, or private message me, and let us know your experience and we'll look into adding you on the Content Team!

The content team will work together to review articles written by the team and work as a team to decide what gets submitted. Quality, not quantity! We're also looking for anyone who has connections with news sites. The more we can get the word out the better! Thanks! We look forward to hearing back from you.
    I'm interested. I've had little motivation for writing any software-related articles in the past, but do have some journalistic experience (eg. writing for various Communist newspapers), as well as a critical sense. I have a computer i often use for testing distro's, (so obviously I could do some reviews), I am learning to be better programmer, so I have some things to say about various programming languages for LINUX (especially for beginners, I'm not yet that good).

However, I've little motivation to actually write anything, if i know it won't be read. So simply put, I'll take idea's, and any that "strike my fancy", I'll write an article about.
    Deal?

Comradely, DingoBoy.

Linux Enthusiast
    I've been trying to hack together an article about off-the-record messaging, but I am by no means a techie writer and I wouldn't want to be part of the content team (at least, not yet).

Are you interested in one off submissions?

Chris...
    To be good, you must first be bad. "Newbie" is a rank, not a slight.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    I am intrested. Infact, I have already written an article on archlinux on my blog a week or two back
    Here is the link: Life on the cutting edge - ArchLinux The Smaller Bang

Due to a non working spell checker in my archlinux firefox install, its full of spelling errors, but I am sure anyone with five minutes to spare can fix that.

Can someone comment on its quality ? I am not sure if my writing skills are mature enough yet
    A man learns from his experience. A smart man learns from the experience of others, while a smarter man experiences life after knowing other's experiences.

BE THE SMARTER MAN.

Content Team

I can write

Hi,

Here is a sample of how I write

1. The Linux Boot Process (In Brief)

The BIOS
    Will launch the first stage boot loader into the mbr of primary hard disk

First stage boot loader
    will mount the second stage boot loader

Second stage boot loader
    will mount the kernel
    mounts the root partition read only

Kernel
    transfers the control of boot process to the /sbin/init program

/sbin/init program
    loads all services and user-spaces tools, and mounts all partitions listed in /etc/fstab

the user is presented with a login prompt

1. (A). Detailed look at the boot process.

- The BIOS

a. The processer will looks at the end of the system memory for the BIOS and will run it.
    b. BIOS tests the system and locates a valid device with which to boot the system.
    c. CDROM, floppy and hard drive. (order is controlled through CMOS settings).
    d. Primary IDE drive on primary IDE bus.
    e. Bios loads MBR (MBR contains partition table and boot loader (Machine code instructions)) from the first sector of hard disk, into memory.
    f. BIOS finds and loads the boot loader program into memory and yields control of boot process to it.

Best Regards
    Arif

arif_vatau@yahoo.com

Fep
    Just Joined!
    Hello there !

I'm not a techie, but I've been a Linux user for some time now (like many I've started out with Mandrake and I'm now using Ubuntu).

But
    , as I'm fluent in both French and English, I wondered if You might be in need of translations. More languages means more readers.

Best regards,
    François.

francoissalaun1979@yahoo.fr

Linux Newbie
    I'm still waiting to get paid my promised amount from an article posted 2 YEARS AGO, right here on this site.

My advice is to submit articles for the sake of Linux, but don't think you're gonna get paid.

Community Leader
    wolfton, I'm not sure what happened 2 years ago... now we're under new management and that won't be happening.