Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
oz, you will be missed! What I like about you is your initiative. If you wanted something, you went for it, and you were respectful of others in doing on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Community Leader

oz, you will be missed! What I like about you is your initiative. If you wanted something, you went for it, and you were respectful of others in doing on the forums as a Super Moderator (possibly even with a cape, but that idea should only linger in my mind). You didn't always need permission, you needed the ability/access to act, and you made it happen. Nothing held you back. For you, I am, and I know the community is, grateful. I contribute a large part of our success to the foundations you helped lay.

Thanx for your contribution over here Oz ! You will be missed a lot. I have learnt a lot of things from you. I hope to see you around....
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

oz
    forum.guy
    Hey, thanks everyone!

Oops... I just found that if you save all your PMs as an administrator like I did, then you end up reverting to regular user permissions, your private message sending/receiving is blocked by the forum software because you have a much smaller limit for stored PMs. It wasn't too hard to fix, though. I just had to copy all my previous PMs to a file and download them for local storage, so now I'm under the limit and good to go once again...
    oz

Nice, we might have to make a note of this in the admin section for future reference. I wonder what other kind of hiccups like that might be lurking. Thanks for the info, Oz.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

It's always the littlest things that will make you scratch your head and wonder...
    "What the heck..?"
    Last edited by jayd512; 10-06-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    So far, it's not been as easy to adjust to stepping down as I thought it would be... here we are 9 days later and I still catch myself trying to correct thread title misspellings, delete duplicates, move certain threads to a more appropriate forum, locate the link to the admin control panel, etc! Just a few more days, and surely any such urges will fade away.

Either way, best of luck to those of you continuing on with it.
    oz

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I wonder how long it'll be before you ask for your old job back.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by daark.child View Post
    I wonder how long it'll be before you ask for your old job back.
    LOL - that's not very likely to happen... I'd probably start my own help forum before administering one again for anyone else.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    So far, it's not been as easy to adjust to stepping down as I thought it would be... here we are 9 days later and I still catch myself trying to correct thread title misspellings, delete duplicates, move certain threads to a more appropriate forum, locate the link to the admin control panel, etc! Just a few more days, and surely any such urges will fade away.

Either way, best of luck to those of you continuing on with it.
    Sounds like withdrawal symptoms for drugs! I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to do with your newfound free time. I go fishing a lot. It's good for the soul.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to do with your newfound free time. I go fishing a lot. It's good for the soul.
    Yeah, I love fishing and used to go all the time. Eventually, the fish get start getting bored with me and they stop coming around, so I stopped going fishing...
    oz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast