Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Hey everyone, I just want to let you all know that our very own forum-guy, Oz, has retired. He has been a brilliant administrator for some time now, he was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

A Linuxforums Superstar has retired.

Hey everyone,
    I just want to let you all know that our very own forum-guy, Oz, has retired. He has been a brilliant administrator for some time now, he was a Super Moderator before that and further back he was just a regular member (2004) when the Internet was just in it's infancy. He was also a terrific mentor to not only myself but a lot of others as well.
    He will be missed immensely as an admin and a mod but thankfully he has told us that he will stick around and keep on posting here.
    Oz, thank you for everything, you've been a friend to everyone here and this place will always welcome you back with open arms. Your tireless pursuit of spammers and buttholes was epic and I am glad to have been here with you. Hope to see you around and Good luck.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Thanks a bunch, Mike!

I figured it's about time to relax a bit and enjoy the forums rather than having to be concerned with administrative issues most of the time. Linux continues to be my OS of choice, so I'll be chiming in on various help request threads now and then, while wearing blinders to anything admin related. Hope all the admin chores go smoothly for the rest of you guys.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the forums...
    oz

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Thanks for the years of service Oz. We will miss you as an admin, but I'm glad you'll be hanging around.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by daark.child View Post
    Thanks for the years of service Oz. We will miss you as an admin, but I'm glad you'll be hanging around.
    Thanks, daark.child - I wasn't sure that the forum software would allow an admin to demote him/herself but it seems to have worked perfectly. We'll see you around...
    oz

Linux Guru
    Enjoy the time off Oz. Thanks for the unseen work that you did. You are a wealth of knowledge.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Thanks for everything oz, especially the help given this newbie mod. Glad you are still going to be around.

Enjoy the relaxation
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Thanks for everything you've done here Oz. You've been the backbone of the moderator team for years - I don't think this place would be anywhere like as pleasant as it is without your tireless work.

What will you do with all your spare time, now?
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

oz
    forum.guy
    Thanks, guys... I'll likely be spending any spare time between here and a couple of other Linux-oriented sites where I've been a member for many years. I'm finding that it's kind of difficult when tuning in each morning to train yourself to approach things without your admin hat on.
    oz

Hey there, oz.

You have been one of the folks that I tried to emulate.
    No matter what you end up doing, I hope you end up throwing your knowledge our way once in a while.
    You're the king, bro!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi, oz.

Thank you for doing the odd tasks that come with administration. Your knowledge, patience, and respectful responses will be a goal for all to try to emulate.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast