Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im pleased to announce that LinuxForums.org now supports live bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox. Live bookmarks allow you to add RSS feeds of regularly updated content like our latest forum topics ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

LFDO adds support for Mozilla LiveBookmarks

Im pleased to announce that LinuxForums.org now supports live bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox.

Live bookmarks allow you to add RSS feeds of regularly updated content like our latest forum topics directly into your web browser, your bookmarks are automatically updated when new content is available.

I've tried to make the LFDO implementation of livebookmarks intelligent, so depending on where you are on the website you are offered a different selection of LiveBookmarks. For example, if your viewing the Redhat & Fedora help forum, you can choose to add a feed just for that forum section, or choose a feed for all forum sections. A similar principle applies to most of the site, including the Linux News area.

UPDATE:
    This has now been extended further, so that you are able to track your own posts and topics via RSS.. It could be useful for example if you wanted to easily revisit topics you started recently. Those 2 extra options are only available when you are logged into the forums.

Enjoy

Great work Jason, I'll be adding a few
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Nice work, man!
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Very sweet...if I didn't try to read everything already, I'd be all over it. I just use the Live Bookmark feature for sites that I select what I read, though.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Do the live bookmarks update dynamically? Cos the last time I tried Live Bookmarks (several versions back) it seemed I had to refresh each site's live bookmark manually.

Linux Guru
    hmm... unfortunatly that may still be the case.. i googled around but didnt come up with much. Unless its on a really long refresh timer it doesnt look like they get auto updated. Mozilla's page, quote: "With one glance, quickly see the latest headlines from your favorite sites" doesnt say anything about having to manually choose to refresh your bookmarks :o

Linux Guru
    This has now been extended further, so that you are able to track your own posts and topics via RSS.. It could be useful for example if you wanted to easily revisit topics you started recently.

In Firefox, simply choose "Subscribe to 'LFDO: My Topics'" or "Subscribe to 'LFDO: My Posts'" from the "Add live bookmark" button to activate.

Those 2 extra options are only available when you are logged into the forums.

Please note that it is not possible to subscribe to other users posts/topics RSS feeds.

Linux Engineer
    good job jason!
    Linux For Ever!