Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Originally Posted by variant Freedom of expression is more important than annoying some large corporation or possible future advertising partner so I dont really agree with this kind of censorship. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by variant
    Freedom of expression is more important than annoying some large corporation or possible future advertising partner so I dont really agree with this kind of censorship.
    Since when is setting some rules on appropriate behavior in someone's "house" censorship? I always get a chuckle when the cries of censorship pop up in cases like this. This isn't censorship. It's creating a nice environment that everyone can enjoy. I fully agree with the changes.
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

I generally agree with this update, pity about the forum sig language though, I better go and change the "Yn falch o redeg Linux! " ("Proud to run Linux!" for all you non Welsh speakers)
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by dylunio
    ........I better go and change the "Yn falch o redeg Linux! "
    And here I thought all this time you were insulting the Queen.
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

I personaly dont care what peoples signatures say, as long as its not a big flashing gif or somthing visualy distracting i really dont care. I also dont care is somone calls microsoft "micro$oft winblows" or anything else.. Freedom of expression is more important than trying not to annoy some large corporation or possible future advertising partner. So, I dont really agree with this kind of censorship but it doesnt really affect me right now so.. so be it.

What is decided by the owners of the site is fine by me though and as long as its still usfull then I will still use linuxforums.

I don't think we're trying to make nice with corporations/keeping advertising partners. I just think that micro$$$oft is annoying to read.

Quote Originally Posted by retired1af
    Freedom of expression is more important than annoying some large corporation or possible future advertising partner so I dont really agree with this kind of censorship.
    Since when is setting some rules on appropriate behavior in someone's "house" censorship? I always get a chuckle when the cries of censorship pop up in cases like this. This isn't censorship. It's creating a nice environment that everyone can enjoy. I fully agree with the changes.
    I agree. I was in on the discussion about the non-English signatures as well as these other changes and believe me when I say there was plenty of discussion both ways. This forum is not a sovereign country, and posters do not have inalienable rights. This is a privately controlled forum that is well within the right to impose limits on what happens here. I think the changes will benefit us all.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

We want a constitution!

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerdonald
    We want a constitution!
    You have one. It can be read here.
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

Oh man...why didn't somebody tell me that was a benevolent dictatorship BEFORE I joined...

when i first came to this site, i was actually suprised at myself for reading the rules. i had never read the rules to any other forum i have been apart of, but after reading through a few of the posts and deciding to join, i did read the rules. i agree with all the rules that are being added, im not a big fan of different languages (i failed french in high school twice, lol), although i dont really mind the micro$oft spelling. i dont understand why people do it, takes much longer to type a $ rather than a 's'

keep up the good work mods/admins. this forum is the best ive been apart of.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

I am not a big fan of MS.
    But I am thankful for MS in that it provides me with a living. (I am a Computer SuportTechnician)
    And I find it sligjtly annoying when I have to read M$.

They are a corporation that is designed to make money. I don't hold that against them.

Bad practices and shoddy workmanship is what the should be blamed for.

And I will never understad the necessity for leetspeak.
    It is actually harder to type than normal words.
    And it is very hard for me to read.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast