Find the answer to your Linux question:
The Content Development team is recruiting new members! I'd like to add at least one, possibly two, members to the team. In case you don't know, we are responsible for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Uncle Sarumont Wants YOU!!! (for the Content Development Team)

The Content Development team is recruiting new members! I'd like to add at least one, possibly two, members to the team. In case you don't know, we are responsible for providing reviews, opinions, interviews and the like for you guys here at LinuxForumsDOTorg.

Any member of linuxforums.org with more than 50 posts and who joined at least 1 month ago is eligible to apply for the position. Those applying for the postition should also have the following qualities:

* Strong written English - including good grammar and spelling.
    * Good communication and inter-personal skills
    * Ability to work on own initive and be self-motivated
    * Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to group discussions

It is obvious that review team members should be able to find the necessary time to read said book, experiment with said distro or prepare and execute said interview. Books and CD's can be provided free of charge and will become the property of the reviewer once review is completed.

Anyone interested can PM or email me with a short, one-paragraph mock-review.

(Subject compliments of lakerdonald )
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

dang, number one got me their. me just no goood withe da gremmur.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Just Joined!
    I would like to do it, but I haven't really written reviews before (not that I couldn't). I did however write quite some articles and am willing to contribute the GNU/Linux community here somehow. I also like trying out new things (especially GNU/Linux distributions).

So, if there is no too much candidates, feel free to count me in.

EDIT: Oh well, I should send that "mock review". Well, maybe I will!

Thanks
    Daniel

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I've sent the mock review on Arch GNU/Linux to qub333.

K...I'll be reviewing these next week, so anyone who's still writing one or anything like that be sure to get it in this weekend!

Thanks for all the submissions so far!

Hey sarumont,

I was just wondering if you came to a decision yet.

Thanks,
    Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Unfortunately, my machine at home has stopped playing well with X. I just now got a chance to check the submissions at work and will be reviewing them shortly. Sorry about the delay.

Just Joined!
    I would love the position, but ive just got too much stuff to do than be devoted to linuxforums, and learn programming, and play around with all the little distros, as you might see from me only being a "just joined" (3 post left and ill my first penguin!!!)but good luck to ne 1 trying

Just Joined!
    I would love to do it, however, I am too new, too new to Linux, and I have suffered a brain trauma so, even though I have decent grammar (well, my spelling isn't perfect, but...), and I know how to write a little, I can't do it yet.

If I can make it through the next few weeks, and manage to get through some of my own reading, I would certainly volunteer. Another problem that I have, however, is that I have an old home built computer, with a PIII 550 in it, not much of a compiler. I need a CPU and RAM and I will have my new system fully built, but I have to come up with the money some how. Call me poor.

This is just about the best forum I have found.

The decision was made beginning of this week. I'll be posting an official announcement when that person has been added to the CD team officially.