Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
To add onto anomies original algorithm: Code: 8. -x points for x many acronyms more than 4 9. if (strcmp(curr->user->posts->lastptr->location.name, "Coffee Lounge")) { sprintf( postlog, "User:%s : Posts: %d : ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

To add onto anomies original algorithm:
    Code:
    8. -x points for x many acronyms more than 4
     if (strcmp(curr->user->posts->lastptr->location.name, "Coffee Lounge"))
    {
    sprintf( postlog, "User:%s : Posts: %d : Post Number: %d : Counted\n", curr->user->name, curr->user->posts.postcount, curr->user->posts->lastptr->stats.postnumber);
    ++curr->user->posts.postcount;
    return(0);
    } else {
    sprintf( postlog, "User:%s : Posts: %d : Post Number: %d : Not Counted\n", curr->user->name, curr->user->posts.postcount, curr->user->posts->lastptr->stats.postnumber);
    return(1);
    }

Linux Newbie
    It was a good thing, i went down 500 posts, began going straight to the coffee lounge! But overall it was something that needed to be done
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115

Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    Same here. I was beginning to enjoy my engineer status. I have recently made a more concerted effort to not post in the coffe lounge. Oh well....

Bryan
    Its not really "dont post in the coffee lounge" its just in the last one-two months there has been alot of crap eg.. "i have my first penguine" posts that dont have any point. Talking about the weather or genral stuff is what its about so keep posting that (if we dont have general chat this place would be boring and you would never get an idea of what the people here are non-technicly like eg.. there persona).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Giro
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    Same here. I was beginning to enjoy my engineer status. I have recently made a more concerted effort to not post in the coffe lounge. Oh well....

Bryan
    Its not really "dont post in the coffee lounge" its just in the last one-two months there has been alot of crap eg.. "i have my first penguine" posts that dont have any point. Talking about the weather or genral stuff is what its about so keep posting that (if we dont have general chat this place would be boring and you would never get an idea of what the people here are non-technicly like eg.. there persona).
    I understand that. I have just made a more concerted effort to post towards more helpful topics. I must also admit that I am a new penguin poster .

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Linux Newbie
    Hmm I was curious why so many of my reasonable posts were lost when I returned from vacation. If I want more penguins i'll have to start asking questions again since im no help beyond asking for help.
    Registered Linux user #390336

Well, keep in mind, the goal isn't to gain the most penguins, its to be helpful. Should you really want penguins, don't ask worthless questions, but instead try searching the forums and google for possible solutions to others questions. Even if your response isn't perfect, you can quickly learn most of what you need to.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just had a thought that maybe the "Classifieds" section maybe shouldn't count towards the post count aswell, since it's not really a help forum like the "Coffee Lounge"

Thoughts?
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Quote Originally Posted by sdousley
    Just had a thought that maybe the "Classifieds" section maybe shouldn't count towards the post count aswell, since it's not really a help forum like the "Coffee Lounge"

Thoughts?
    I agree with that.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

It sounds good sdousley
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Classified Posts

I agree with you sdousley, the classified is even worse in a way than the coffee lounge posts. I don't think I've ever posted anything there, so it really doesn't matter to me. Since will take me forever to reach 100 posts anyways so go for it the powers to be.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast