Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
I don't think it is necessary to make posts in any other forum section not count towards the total post count at this stage....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

I don't think it is necessary to make posts in any other forum section not count towards the total post count at this stage.

Re: Post count adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlambert
    Just a quick note to say that:

• Please do not begin posting crap in non-coffee lounge threads just to bump your post count or I will reset your post count to 0

I agree with this I have seen a lot of forums out there where people will post crap just to get there count up.
    <advertising NOT allowed in signatures>

sounds like a good idea, i'm not here to accrue rewards or increase post counts, only here to help when i can. i say go for it.

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I think we could all look for lots of ways to ensure all posts are only counted if truely technical in nature, but if you all remember the reason the original adjustments were suggested was the absolute state of the coffee lounge with completely silly topics just to $postcount++. The most important thing to remember is that we're back to what matters now, just helping people out.
    I think most members are quite loyal to the forum and from that respect wouldn't let anyone play around. It really can be self moderating at times.

Just as long as we don't overmoderate, go RTFM and end up switching to being a BSD forum

(Just kidding for any BSD forum members. But hey, if we don't have stereotypes... )

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6